A Nikon lens decided to drop by my room today and I gave it a little unboxing and review. It is the Nikon Nikkor Lens AF-S DX 35mm 1.8G.
The lens is also equipped with ring-type SWM (Silent Wave Motor) which is identical to the Canon's ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor). It means that the lens will not move when you are focusing. Besides, it has full time manual focus override and works only with DX format camera. The maximum aperture for this lens is f/22 and the filter size is 52mm.
- Excellent image quality when stopped down just a little
- Fast and accurate autofocus with full-time manual override
- Generally attractive rendition of out-of-focus regions ('bokeh')
- Resistant to flare
- Slightly soft and low in contrast wide open
- Lateral chromatic aberration somewhat higher than traditional 50mm 'standard' primes
- Prone to purple fringing and bokeh chromatic aberration, most visible
That's all for now. Hope that will help you.