On the 9th of December 2010 marks the 60th anniversary for Tamron Corporation, the world leading optical company. The lens Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Lens celebrate the 60th birthday of Tamron.
Key features of the lens are as follows:
1. Highest zoom range (15x optical zoom) together with VC (Vibration Compensation) Technology incorporated.
2. Compact and easy to carry with 67mm diameter filter.
3. New PZD (Piezo Drive) which works the same as Canon's USM (Ultrasonic Motor) and Nikon's SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
4. Minimum focusing distance of 0.49m and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8.
5. Di II (Digitally integrated Design) = Designed exclusively for DSLR with APS-C sensor and not suitable for full frame or 35mm DSLR.
In my opinion, this is one of a kind lens which is very suitable for daily photography where changing lens is a burden for the user. Using this lens will allow user to get access to wide and telephoto without worrying about the quality of the image as it has VC and PZD. For people who are always on the go, this lens will suit them perfectly.
The lens might be multi-purpose but it will not fulfill the specific criteria of special photography needs such as macro and low-light condition.
Thanks for reading.