Yes. Digital photography have entered a mirrorless era and Nikon have to accept that fact. So they come up with Nikon 1.
Let's not waste more time and get to the specs. Because that's the only thing running in your mind right now. Yeah.
- 10.1-megapixel CX format CMOS sensor (13.2mm x 8.88mm)
- All-new Nikon 1 lens mount system
- Dual-core Expeed 3 sensor, which is why it's all fast and able to do photo/video simultaneously
- A new 73-point hybrid autofocus system that combines contrast and phase-detection, switching between the two seamlessly;
- Video's 1080p/30fps; 1080i/60fps; 720p/60fps; output in h.264 format
- Slow motion video: 640 x 240/400fps; 320 x 120/1,200 fps
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 6400)
- 10fps bursts, but with AF locked, it can shoot at up to 60fps, which is the world's fastest continuous shooting speed, according to Nikon
- 12-bit RAW
(taken from Gizmodo)
Yeah they also chunked in 4 special lenses for it. A 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6, 10mm f/2.8 pancake, 30-100mm f/3.8-5.6 zoom and 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 powerzoom.
Hope it competes well with Sony' NEX and Olympus' PEN.